Age: All ages
• Images of pig. (attached)
• Glue • Pipe-cleaners or ribbon for hanging
• Red paper • Craft jewels
• Red envelopes
1. Method: Ask students to find an image of the Year of the Pig they like, or use the images attached.
2. Give students red paper and ask them to measure the sides to create a frame for their image.
3. Students will paste the frame around the image of the pig.
4. Use craft jewels to decorate the corners of the frame.
5. Using 2 pipe-cleaners, tape one at the top for hanging and one at the bottom.
6. Finally tape a red envelope to the bottom of the pipe-cleaner so it hangs down.
7. Optional: You may also tape red crepe paper at the bottom so it moves slightly.
8. Ask students to copy and write the Chinese word for pig around the frame. (attached) Hang the Chinese banners around the classroom as a reminder that it is the year of the Pig.