Introducing Little Mandarin Classes at your School
Little Mandarin Classes offers fun and engaging Mandarin Chinese classes to Early Years, KS1 & KS2 Children through our specially designed kinaesthetic teaching approach - learning through various physical activities rather than sitting and listening or watching the teacher.
We combine this teaching method with Story-telling, Role-play and British Sign Language to really enhance children's learning abilities. We use flashcards, games, songs, singing bowl, parachutes and puppets to help aid learning of Mandarin Chinese.
Our classes for Early Years children encourages listening and speaking, we use stories and adventures to utilise the Mandarin vocabulary. Children initially learn the sign language associated with the Mandarin word and repeats this throughout the story - this involves lots of physical movement, creativity, imagination and developing emotional and physical well-being at the same time.
Take a look at what our happy customers say about our classes: www.littlemandarinclasses.co.uk/testimonial
What you get with Little Mandarin Classes
- Classes for Early Years, KS1 or KS2 Children
- 2 x 30 minute classes or up to an hour
- EYFS and National Curriculum compatible
- Enhanced DBS checked and insured teachers
- Access to online learning material for teachers and parents
- Attract more parents to your School
What is a typical class like?
Early Years Class learn 2 - 3 vocabulary every class, songs, games, stories and adventures! Children are encapsulated with flashcards, singing, lots of physical movement, singing bowl and Mandarin vocabulary with Sign Language.
KS1 Class learn between 3 - 5 vocabulary every class. Children are encouraged to greet each other in Mandarin from the get go. They learn a fun fact about China every class, kick off with a song then focus on the Mandarin with Sign Language. A short game is introduced to hone in the vocabulary followed by the story! The class ends with the singing bowl and another song.
KS2 Class learn between 4 - 6 vocabulary every class. Children at this age learn how to read and write. Instead of a story fuelled class, children listen to a short story with a moral to it. They are then encouraged to role-play this out in teams encouraging the use of vocabulary, movement and creativity! Children learn songs and how to write the vocabulary they learnt in the story.
Benefits of Little Mandarin Classes
- Develops creativity and imagination
- Develops motor skills
- Improves children's emotional and physical well-being
- Increases confidence
- Develops concentration
- Develops listening and speaking skills
- Develops reading and writing skills
- Developing empathy and sympathy
- Increases social skills
- Increases memory retention
- Helps children become more open minded
Why choose Mandarin
- From recent research in the UK, children and parents have cited Mandarin as the language they would most like to learn to help with future prospects http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/2017/01/10/mandarin-can-unlock-childrens-potential-increasingly-connected/
- China is the second largest economy in the world fast catching up with the US to become potentially the largest economy in the future; aspirational parents would most likely want to equip their children with the best opportunities
- The Department of Education is funding a Mandarin education programme as they see the importance of children learning the Chinese language for the UK economy https://ciforschools.wordpress.com/mandarin-excellence-programme/
How can we book?
- We just need an ideal day and time
- Starting date, end date and dates you are closed
- Groups - Early Years, KS1 or KS2
For more information please contact email@example.com